There are only a few musicians who make you wonder if it's really as easy as it looks. Who make you crane your neck to see how many people are up on stage because you can't believe all the sounds and textures emanating from one place. Who you feel compelled to seek out and thank after the show, because you were absolutely transported by their contributions. This is how people feel after hearing Jim Henry play.
Jim Henry's longtime reputation as a phenomenal all-around musician is well-deserved. He can do it all: play most things stringed, sing lead or harmony, write great songs, produce, engineer and arrange. Four solo recordings and literally hundreds of tracks on other people's recordings have cemented his position as one of the most versatile and talented musicians working in acoustic music today.
- Brattleboro Reformer - Live Review - "downright delicious licks"
- FAME Review - One-Horse Town - "easy rhythm and quiet power"
- Music Matters Review - One-Horse Town - "subtle and sweet"
- Rambles Music Review - The Wayback - "masterful job of producing and arranging"
- Sing Out Review - Jacksonville / The Wayback - "highlights Henry's ability to turn a neat lyric"
- FAME Review - Jacksonville - "nothing short of stunning"
Click thumbnail for hi-res version.